Peer Review Process
Peer review is the essential part for maintaining substantial standard in publishing and brings out the best possible scientific novel information from the potential authors and researchers globally. To maintain the substantial standard, KJICB adopts double blind peer review in which neither authors nor reviewers know each other’s identities. All details that may enable reviewer to identify the authors’ manuscript are removed from the manuscript before the manuscript is sent to the reviewer. Similarly, the reviewers’ identities are also concealed from the authors when sending the reviewers’ comments to the authors. Double blind peer review is adopted ensure the objectivity of editor and reviewer toward the manuscripts and limits possible bias.
The Peer Review Process
- Author submits all required materials, including copyright form, and separate cover letter.
- The submitted article is first checked by the editor(s) in terms of whether it is within the broad scope of the journal and has sufficient merit. Editor(s) also pay attention to the readability, grammar and usage before considering for formally initiating the review process. The author will be informed quickly if their paper is rejected at this stage. Also there will be technical rejection if authors give their names and affiliations in the main manuscript, the tables and figures as indicated in the text is missing or have not followed instructions to authors.
- After initial approval by the editor, completed submission is sent out to two or three reviewers.
- Reviewers review the article and send it back to the editorial office for processing.
- After initial review, Editor-in-Chief releases reviews to authors.
- Authors are asked to respond to reviewers and make necessary corrections.
- Article is sent out for re-review.
- Editor-in-Chief may accept, reject, accept with minor alterations, or sent out for third review.
- If accepted, author must submit final version. Version will be added to "in-press" queue with publisher.
- Prior to publication, publisher will sent galleys to authors. No edits may be made after galleys are approved.
- Article is published in KJICB.