Rekonstruksi Islamisasi Sains Sebagai Langkah Awal Islamisasi Ilmu: Pemikiran Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas
Muhammad Naquib al-Attas was the first figure who explicitly stated the project of Islamization of knowledge when a conference held in Mecca. In the concept of religion, there are at least several concepts that are contained, namely: faith (belief), Islam (obedience) and Ihsan (integration between heart and mind in good deeds) and all of this, driven by science. Reconstruction of Al-Attas's thinking originated from his concern for the narrowing of meaning to Islamic scientific terms caused by attempts at westernization, mythology, the inclusion of things that are magical and secularism. In line with its strategy of Islamization, al-Attas seems to use the approach of Islamization of science as a springboard to correct modern discipline and purify the sciences that have been contaminated by the ideology of secularism. Knowledge in al-Attas' view is something that is devolved from God to enter into the spirit, then interpreted by the forces that exist in that spirit to the birth of knowledge and forms of symbols or logical proportions or metamatise.
Copyright (c) 2019 Mawa'izh: Jurnal Dakwah dan Pengembangan Sosial Kemanusiaan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
LETTER OF COPYRIGHT ASSIGNMENT
As an author of Jurnal Mawa'izh of Faculty of Da'wah and Islamic Communication IAIN Syaikh Abdurrahman Siddik Bangka Belitung Indonesia, I, who sign below:
- My paper is authentic; my own writing and it has not been published/proposed on any other journals and publication.
- My paper is not plagiarism but my original idea/research.
- My paper is not written by other help, except with Board of Editors and Reviewers recommendation who have been chosen by this journal.
- In my paper, there are no other writings or opinions except referred in bibliography and relevant with the rule of writing in this journal.
- I give all my copyright of this paper to this journal include the right for managing and publication.
- I make this assignment surely. If there are distortion and untruth in this assignment, later, I will take responsibility as the current law.