Hate Speech di Indonesia: Bahaya dan Solusi
This article aims to explain hate speech in Indonesia and its solution. The theory used in this article is Critical Race Theory which is initiated by Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic. This Critical Race Theory is also sustained by an Islamic perspective so as to be found the causes of hate speech and solutions that must be done. This paper concludes that: First, hate speech in Indonesia is verbally and non-verbally done which is delivered both directly and indirectly (social media). Second, hate speech in Indonesia causes social inequality, non-respectful attitudes, and national decline. Third, hate speech does not reflect the character of the Indonesian people who uphold ethics and the values of nationalism. Fourth, hate speech triggers violence and intolerance of religions, ethnicities, races, and groups. Hate speech must be jointly solved by government, religious leaders and society.
LETTER OF COPYRIGHT ASSIGNMENT
As an author of Jurnal Mawa'izh of Faculty of Da'wah and Islamic Communication IAIN Syaikh Abdurrahman Siddik Bangka Belitung Indonesia, I, who sign below:
- My paper is authentic; my own writing and it has not been published/proposed on any other journals and publication.
- My paper is not plagiarism but my original idea/research.
- My paper is not written by other help, except with Board of Editors and Reviewers recommendation who have been chosen by this journal.
- In my paper, there are no other writings or opinions except referred in bibliography and relevant with the rule of writing in this journal.
- I give all my copyright of this paper to this journal include the right for managing and publication.
- I make this assignment surely. If there are distortion and untruth in this assignment, later, I will take responsibility as the current law.