Factually, Indonesia is a nation that has a variety of ethnic, linguistic, class, color, and religion that become the nation's assets in forming social harmony. In the study of contemporary political theory, the diversity of human society in all its aspects is also called multicultural society. In religious context, some religious people always socialize their religious teachings to plural society by ignoring the plurality of people's lives in all its aspects. This is where the significance of a multicultural perspective needs to be possessed by anyone who wants to convey religious messages in a multicultural society. From a multicultural perspective, the delivery of religious messages or da'wah requires a preacher to understand the cultural diversity of society and to be positive about the diversity. Multicultural preaching means seeking to create harmony in the midst of diverse societies and still be able to control oneself and tolerate all kinds of unequal differences. This article discusses the multicultural da'wah through the study of Islamic doctrine that is through the perspective of interpretation in order to obtain a more holistic view of the Qur'anic point.
LETTER OF COPYRIGHT ASSIGNMENT
As an author of Jurnal Mawa'izh of Faculty of Da'wah and Islamic Communication IAIN Syaikh Abdurrahman Siddik Bangka Belitung Indonesia, I, who sign below:
- My paper is authentic; my own writing and it has not been published/proposed on any other journals and publication.
- My paper is not plagiarism but my original idea/research.
- My paper is not written by other help, except with Board of Editors and Reviewers recommendation who have been chosen by this journal.
- In my paper, there are no other writings or opinions except referred in bibliography and relevant with the rule of writing in this journal.
- I give all my copyright of this paper to this journal include the right for managing and publication.
- I make this assignment surely. If there are distortion and untruth in this assignment, later, I will take responsibility as the current law.