Menafsir Makna “Jihad” dalam Konteks Kekinian
This article aims to explore the meaning of jihad in the perspective of contextual interpretation. In this study, the Mawdlū‘ī (thematic) Tafsir method used to catch a big picture or spirit of text, with the tool as a analysis tool in the form of two approaches, namely: Historical (Historical) and Hermeneutic Approaches. From the results of the study, get conclusion that jihad, which has often been reduced by some people as a war against different beliefs (the others), turns out to have a far more substantial meaning and is relevant to the present context. The meaning of the author is that jihad strives to uphold human values, oppose tyranny, uphold justice. In this case, jihad is broadly interpreted not merely as a war against the enemy, but to fight against injustice, tyranny, social pathoologies such as poverty, ignorance, and most importantly, jihad against oneself.
Copyright (c) 2020 Author
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
LETTER OF COPYRIGHT ASSIGNMENT
As an author of Jurnal Mawa'izh of Faculty of Da'wah and Islamic Communication IAIN Syaikh Abdurrahman Siddik Bangka Belitung Indonesia, I, who sign below:
- My paper is authentic; my own writing and it has not been published/proposed on any other journals and publication.
- My paper is not plagiarism but my original idea/research.
- My paper is not written by other help, except with Board of Editors and Reviewers recommendation who have been chosen by this journal.
- In my paper, there are no other writings or opinions except referred in bibliography and relevant with the rule of writing in this journal.
- I give all my copyright of this paper to this journal include the right for managing and publication.
- I make this assignment surely. If there are distortion and untruth in this assignment, later, I will take responsibility as the current law.